Vicars/Ministers for more than eight centuries
Since the churches in St. Peter and Paul in Poppenreuth and St. Sebald in Nuremberg had to share priests, they often quarrelled among themselves. Three papal bulls, in 1386 by Urban IV, in 1390 and 1402 by Bonifatius IX were intended to finish these quarrels in the Middle Ages. However, it wasn´t until the Reformation and the vicar Dr. Georg Pessler, that the two parishes were finally split in 1528 and with their independence came peace.
There is a complete list of all priests and vicars in the church from 1192 until today. It is found at the back of the church wall underneath the organ. The names are engraved on three different boards.